FAQsDo you have any questions about Rod Poyser Inspections? Check our answers below.
What is the process for organising an inspection?
- Upon confirming the job with the client we contact the property sales agent/vendor to arrange access to the property at a time which is mutually convenient for all parties.
- We will notify you of the confirmed day and time by text and confirmation email.
How soon can the inspection be done?
- On making your enquiry the inspection of your property is generally completed within 2 business days.
- The time frame sometimes depends on the occupancy of the property.
Who does the inspection and is Rod Poyser Inspections insured?
- Rod Poyser Inspections is fully insured with Professional Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability.
- The inspector, Rod Poyser, has over 30 years of experience in the building industry (both residential and commercial experience) and he works independently for the client.
When do I receive the report?
- Rod, the inspector, will contact you by phone immediately after completing the inspection with a verbal debrief of the findings of the property.
- If it isn’t possible for you to discuss the property at that time Rod will call back when it is more convenient.
- The electronic report, completed with colour photos, will be emailed to you within 24 hours of any inspection.
Can I attend the inspection?
- Yes you can. Clients can meet the inspector on site after the inspection has been completed.
- Rod Poyser Inspections, on occasion may be able to organise access to the client via the agent, to physically clarify and discuss particular findings of the inspection.
- After reading the report you can contact us for any further clarification.
What does the Pre-Purchase and Pre-Sale inspection include?
- All property inspections by Rod Poyser Inspections are conducted according to the Australian Standards for these property inspections.
- The inspection will include these areas (with some examples provided):
eg: Paths/Fencing/Landscaping /Surface drainage/Trees/Water tanks
eg: Garage/Carport/Shedding/Pool Fencing
Exterior of Building
Interior of Building
eg: Bedrooms/Living Areas & Wet Areas – Kitchen/Bathroom/Laundry
Roof Space/Roof Exterior
eg: Frame/ Insulation/Services/Roof covering/Skylights/Guttering/Downpipes
eg: Hot Water & Gas Service/ Fuse board/Smoke Detectors/Heating Cooling System
How long does it take to complete an inspection?
- Obviously the type of inspection along with the size and condition of the property will determine the time taken.
- Approximately 1 ½-2 hours is the general time.
Phone: 0419 513 588
Address: PO BOX 413, Strathfieldsaye, VIC 3551, Australia