What is a Vendor Report?
When selling a property (either residential or commercial) Pre-sale Building Inspection Reports, known as a Vendor Report, can be completed by Rod Poyser Inspections to provide clients with a vendors advantage.
- The vendor has the opportunity to rectify the issues if they wish to prior to listing the property.
- The issues identified in the report will have explanation and possible solutions.
- The report focuses on the defects and maintenance issues – some not as alarming as first thought.
- Properties going to AUCTION are catered for with Rod Poyser Inspections.
- We will work with vendor/agent for most suitable timeline to prepare the inspection report.
What does it look like?
A comprehensive electronic report with detailed photos is completed in accordance with the Australian Standards AS4349.1-2007 and will include:
- General Site
- Interior of Building
- Exterior of Building
- Site Structures
- Roof Space
- Subfloor Space
An easy to identify legend for defects, minor/maintenance items and safety hazards, will provide easy to read relevant information on the current condition of the property.
- We will organise a date and time with the vendor/agent to access the property.
- The Inspector will call the vendor after the inspection to discuss the findings.
- If the vendor wishes the Inspector is more than happy to meet on site after the inspection process to discuss the findings of the inspection.
- The report is usually sent to the vendor within 24 hours after the inspection.
Who pays for the report?
- Depends on property size/location Fee: from $250
- Life of Report 2 months.
- If issues rectified Vendor Refresher available for FREE
- Further Life of Report 2 months
- NOTE: Pre-purchase inspection fee discount for Vendors next property purchase.
For the life of Vendor Report Purchaser can consult Rod Poyser Inspections and have access to the property report
Fee: from $175
After Report Expires
After the report expires a Pre-purchase Inspection can be completed for the purchaser.
Life of Report 30 days Fee: from $390